The Introduction to Scripting Virtual Classroom is designed for Analytics users who are looking to automate their data analytics through scripting.
Introduction to Scripting Virtual Classroom
- Familiarise yourself with the Script Editor;
- Explore various Scripting Resources;
- Be familiar with Analytics Script Syntax as the foundation for all Analytics Commands;
- Script with commands and functions such as COMMENT, OPEN, SET, IMPORT, CLASSIFY, EXTRACT, RECNO() and BETWEEN();
- Script Computed Fields and Filters;
- Understand future-proofing and script portability techniques;
- Apply best practices whilst scripting; and
- Script a simple Top N Products by Sales Volume Report
This 90 minute Virtual Classroom will be facilitated by a Galvanize certified trainer and is designed to be interactive and practical.
The training will be conducted over the internet using Zoom as a learning platform.
A pre-session checklist, Learner and Activity Guide and Datafiles relevant to this topic will be sent prior to the date. A preliminary zoom invite will be sent to you to ensure that you are all set up for this classroom.
Requirements: Internet Access, Desktop ACL Analytics (Analytics Version 14 or later), Dual monitors and a headset.
Date and Time
Completion of an ACL 101 course is strongly recommended or at least 6 months previous experience using ACL Analytics for data analysis.