Every Transaction. Every Day. 100% Re-Assurance.
Continuous Control Monitoring – SatoriCCM
Welcome to SatoriCCM
Table of contents – What’s on this page?
- What is CCM?
- How does CCM, Continuous Control Monitoring work?
- Benefits of SatoriCCM?
- Why we built SatoriCCM?
- An automated and independent re-assurance process
- SatoriCCM’s impact on the market
- What is SatoriCCM and How does it Work?
- Companies Thriving With SatoriCCM
- Talking to a CCM specialist
- Subscribe to SatoriCCM news and insights
What is Continuous Control Monitoring
Continuous Control Monitoring is an automated and independent re-assurance process that ensures:
- Cross-system transactions
- Operational controls
are operating effectively, efficiently and achieving their function.
The impact of Continuous Control Monitoring on Audit Analytics
Audit analytics in the broader context of a continuous auditing paradigm is changing the nature, timing and extent of ‘traditional’ audit testing.
In a traditional audit, internal control and substantive testing are periodically performed to evaluate management assertions. Prior to automation, audit clerks focused largely on substantive testing. The labour and time intensiveness of this approach was influential in adopting audit sampling and systems of controls reliance.This paradigm shift made the management of audit risk more challenging.
The application of data analytic techniques to substantive testing enables the cost-effective review of entire data populations, as well as providing reliable information regarding key control effectiveness. We are no longer limited by the technology but rather by our ability to interpret, manage and understand the data before us.
This Guide exposes the many facets surrounding audit analytics and how they benefit from continuous control monitoring
- The 5 Levels of Audit Analytics Model
- What risks to analyse a range of potential “low hanging fruit” tests for high risk areas including Payroll, Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable
- Important considerations and implications for auditors
Total Exception Management
The truth is in the transaction
Imagine a fire alarm, protecting your entire organisation and notifying you at the first sign of trouble. Continuous Control Monitoring ensures a structured approach and follow through on exceptions, with non-action resulting in escalation to a higher authority.
Learn how to ensure total data integrity to protect your business from unnecessary risks, costly mistakes and fraud in our Total Exception Management Guide
Assurance of continuous auditing means peace of mind for businesses with medium to high transaction volumes and large numbers of employees. The keys to continuous improvement of business processes are in your hands.
See through the complexity of systems and processes and you know your business inside out
Benefits of Continuous Control Monitoring
Have Greater Peace of Mind
- Increase the integrity and accuracy of data
- Monitor for mistakes and fraud on a DAILY basis
- Identify abnormalities as soon as they occur, before they escalate
- Catch payments BEFORE they are made
See results straight away
- SatoriCCM usually starts with areas of common risk like Accounts payable, Payroll and Purchase Cards Spending to return immediate results
- As your framework grows, SatoriCCM can customise tests to suit your company’s needs
Save Time and Resources
- Management of Exceptions from detection to resolution to ensure proper action is taken
- Automatic testing of high volumes of transactional and Master file data
- Continuous monitoring of multiple, disparate data sources
Improve Internal Controls
- Identify any control breakdowns in organisation
- Identify process issues and root causes
- Fix weaknesses as you manage the exceptions
- Alter organisational behaviour and discourage fraud
- Four out of ten Australian organisations are victims of fraud
- Over a third of these costs in excess 0f $1,000,000 for the organisation
- Organisations only recover on average 11% of losses, even in prosecuted cases
- Money becomes harder to retrieve over time, if not detected in a timely manner
- SatoriCCM has saved one customer over $1,200,000 a year in over-payments
- Delivered as a Managed service solution
- Can be implemented as a cloud solution to reduce IT infrastructure costs
- Monthly subscription fee inclusive of software, services, upgrades, and on-going monitoring, training and reporting
Why we created SatoriCCM?
…to change people’s behaviour, create a culture where the rules are being implemented ….of being mindful with a company’s money and set the tone for the organisation
Managing Director, Satori Group
The business world’s Finance and Audit Departments have never had so many accountability requirements, high standards of governance and ongoing demands for financial reporting transparency and accuracy.
A large number of transactions increase the risk of exposure to fraud and process errors. This, along with the requirement for a high level of assurance, creates a need for a better solution for visibility and governance and hence SatoriCCM was born, to tackle these the pain points and challenges.
An automated and independent re-assurance process
Ensure your Policies, Procedures, Cross System Checks and System Controls are working effectively, efficiently,
are well designed and achieving their function continuously.
A full control solution across all business areas and all business data.
Our Champion: Natalya Levenkova
In this short slide show our GM of Customer Success, Natalya Levenkova, explores the most popular subject area for CCM, Accounts Payable.
Our customers save phenomenal amounts of cash every day by preventing and addressing the causes of duplicate invoices.
If a duplicate invoice is paid you may never be able to recover the full amount of cash lost. In this intro Natalya covers how CCM is much more than just exception reporting.
SatoriCCM is the only way for CFOs and Financial Controllers to sleep better at night. We are the continuous control monitoring specialists, and we’re the best at it.
Sales Director Satori CCM, Satori Group Autralia
What is SatoriCCM and How does it work?
SatoriCCM is more than exception reporting, it is Exception Management.
The SatoriCCM solution provides an automated process that gives independent re-assurance that your business controls are working and doing what they were intended to do. But there is so much more to it. Errors and oversight, policies and control breaches, control failures, fraud prevention, business oversight, control features and so much more that one should really take the time to fully understand them all.
We created a handy guide to help you understand SatoriCCM in detail, what it is and how it works?
A full control solution across all business areas:
- Duplicate invoices – Multiple combinations and using fuzzy logic
- GST amount validation
- Open credits – Credits not set off against future supplier invoices.Can sit there for months or years or potential never be recovered.
- PO date after invoice date
- Duplicate vendors
- Missing data
- Invalid ABN
- Dormant vendors
- Suppliers charging GST not registered for GST
People and Culture
- Invalid or missing TFN
- Duplicate bank accounts or addresses (Most probably familymembers or partners but is there a conflict of interest risk?Does the relationship need to be declared?
- Employees acting in higher duties with no end date
- Over or underpayments to staff
- Superannuation inaccuracies
- Personal expenditure
- Spend whilst on leave
- Card holder not in employee master file
- Multiple disputes
- Cash withdrawals
- Accounts receivable (discounts to customers, credit terms being abused, ensuring billing is accurate)
- Procurement (split PO’s, PO’s open for a long period, staff exceeding spend limits, non preferred suppliers)
- Rebates, chargebacks and claims
- General Journals
Companies Thriving With SatoriCCM
Some of the companies working with us
Review some of our Case Studies!
TALK TO A CCM SPECIALIST
Please complete the form below
Request a Call Back
Are you ‘in the know’? Receive the latest industry insights and news…
Industry-leading trends, thought leadership articles and company updates delivered when you need them most. We understand and despise spam therefor we aim to deliver a thought-based approach to customised content where you can personalise and select what to receive.
Subscribe to get Satori’s Blog News direct to you.
The latest on continuous monitoring, audit analytics and financial crime management.